FFS bag filling (form, fill and seal)
SPEED - 10 to 2200 bags per hour
BAGGING PRODUCTS - Click HERE, to see list of products to bag
BAG DIMENSION - All bag sizes
BAG MATERIAL - Film (PE and Laminated)
OPERATION - Very user friendly
VIDEOS OF BAGGING MACHINES
Advantages with FFS bagging machines
The bagging machines are very different but they have their unique advantages.
Let us have a closer look at their shared advantages compared to others.
- Bags made on Form, Fill and Seal machines are less expensive than pre-made bags, i.e. valve and open mouth bags.
- Total automation, the machine require only one supervisor
- Easy and quick to clean between production batches, minimizing cross-contamination.
- Ideal for granulated and free flowing products. Many other products are also possible.
The FFS Bagging Machines are designed for small, medium and high capacity packing lines. The bagging machines are ideal for all free flowing and granulated products such as potting soil, bark mulch, pellets, salt, sand, wheat, stones, bird food and many more. The bagging machines can also handle powdery and sticky products.
The main difference between a Flat Film and Tubular FFS, is the film the machines use to create a bag is either flat film or tubular film as the bagging machine name signifies.
FFS - Flat Film
The flat film bagging machine is also known as the vertical form fill seal machine, as the film is formed at the upper part of the machine and filled and sealed downwards. The flat film is formed, filled and sealed in a vertical contionus motion, meaning that the film/bag does not stop at any time compared to a tububar bagging machine, where the film/bag stops when welded or filled.
Advantages of Flat Film bagging machine
Compared to other bagging machines, the T2 has less moving parts, thus very robust:
- Lower in maintenance costs
- Bag handling and operation is more easy
- Lowest investment for bagging at similar speed
- Large range of bag filling from 2.5 to 130 liters.
- Adjust width of bags (No need to change plastic roll)
- Can use thinner film – less stress on filling bag
- More possibilities to print i.e. more colors
- Laminated films are possible (PE-Paper_PE) for example.
FFS - Flat Film
The tubular film bagging machine is also known as the horizontal form fill seal machine. The machine is made of four to five stations where the bag travels horizontally through the stations, where the bag is either formed, filled or sealed.
Advantages of a Tubular Film bagging machine
Compared to other bagging machines, the Payper HFFS Tubular film bagging machines has higher speeds:
- Capacity - up to 2.200 bags per hour
- Range of bag filling Min. 15 liters – from 5 to 50 kg
- The bags are only sealed on top and bottom, can be handled more roughly, bags are not sealed vertically (lengthwise).
- Dusty products and cross contamination – The filling and sealing of bag is in separate station, thus lowering risk of cross contamination and easier to fill and seal dusty products.
- Design – Depending on speed capacity, the bagging machines is made up of four to five stations
Choose the perfect FFS machine
Choosing between a flat film and a tubular bagging machine can be a challenge as both machines have their own distinctive advantages. However if you require the bagging machine capacity to be higher than 1600 bags per hour, then a tubular bagging machine is your only option.
On the other hand, if you require your bagging machine to be flexible and able to adjust the width of bags without changing the film, then a flat film bagging machine is your only option.
In recent years, the FFS bagging machine have become more popular and this is because of the three main advantages the FFS machine can offer compared to other bagging machines.
High capacity, lower initial capital investment and significant cost savings compared to pre-made bags or other form of packaging.
Without the shadow of doubt, our FFS bagging machines are most probably the best on the market.
Take for example the peat industry, generally when speaking about a bagging machine you are most likely to speak about our T2 flat film bagging machine.
The thing is, both Flat Film and Tubular are excellent at packing almost any product, but ideal for granulated and free flowing products. Contact us here and together we will find the perfect FFS machine for you, based on your needs and preferences.